Working in digital media planning might not look very sparkling at a first glance. It’s about platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIN, e-commerce etc and the way they’re working on a custom funnel. In a digital marketing agency almost everybody wants to create content or coordinate photo/video shootings or get the most of their copywriting skills.
A paid internship of 3 months will offer you the opportunity to find out if this is for real the next step in your career. While you really need a lot of creative thinking to have a successful career in digital media, you also need to continuously exercise the ability to correlate the results with your clients business and with the economic context that might affect them.
🌟What is so amazing about working in digital media planning?
Irina continued her career in digital media planning back in 2009 after 3 years in marketing in a local publishing group. She enjoyed spending her clients money wisely, without fear and exploring every kind of creative format and media technologies that could improve a campaign while making the most of tracking results following a funnel.
Through the years she developed her ability to answer insightfully questions like ”How can I increase my sales goals?”, ”Why is my brand reach so low?”, ”It’s possible to gain 10,000 followers in two weeks? How about 50,000 followers in 3 months?”, ”It’s a lead generation campaign suitable for my business?” etc. While organic KPIs can’t be precisely planned, the paid ones can be manipulated. And when you are part of your client’s success, you gain his trust forever. Also, when you are part of its failures with responsibility and maturity without putting guilt or blame between the two parts, you get a seat in the business friendship game.
A career in digital media planning is a job for someone who:
- can see clearly even when is surrounded by chaos,
- is not afraid of using technologies and softwares, numbers and clicking buttons (please use a lot of ”uuuu, what does this button do?!” actions)
- has a good work routine, because digital media is a lot about keeping a routine, and willing of improving it,
- has a clear task list (even if his/her desk is a mess 😅),
- doesn’t lose his/her temper or give up easily if the results are not going in the right direction, but finds energy to look for solutions,
- has a strong appetite to understand how big platforms are working and the real meaning of each KPI,
- continuously feeds his learning,
- doesn’t think that her/his creative colleagues (copywritting & graphic designers) are some weirdos not able to understand what a Google Merchant Center feed is,
- understands that spending money to reach goals means both power and a higher responsability and is very conscious about it.
✍️Requirements (no previous working experience is required):
- Education – we will respect your school schedule:
- Last year of high school with good grades OR 1st-2nd year in college in one of the following fields: marketing, business, administration, communications, social media, project management, accounting, IT.
- Good skills with excel, spreadsheet, powerpoint.
- Patience to assimilate new information and concepts.
- Good organizational skills and interpersonal communication.
- Take deadlines seriously.
- Proves honesty in all his/hers communication.
- With a good ability to find arguments and a suitable speech to sustain them.
- Good writing and speaking in English (”the ducks comes from the trucks” stays in the 90s, we suppose you are a GenZ, you grew-up with Cartoon Network, YouTube and social media exposure).
⏳Activities during the internship:
- Being physically present in our office from Monday to Friday, between 9:00-13:30 (half an hour lunch break) or we will find other consecutive 4 hours/day that can be recurrent and match your school schedule.
- Daily checking recurrent campaigns, moderating notifications in several platforms (ex: Google Client Manager, Meta Ads Manager etc) and informing the project manager/project coordinator and the digital media planner about what needs to be done on each client writing a very well structured and comprehensive e-mail.
- Executing digital media plans put at his/her disposal and explained by the digital media planner or the project manager/project coordinator.
- Uploading new creatives and generating preview links for the ongoing or the new digital media campaigns.
- Setting-up new ad accounts regardless of the platforms (if necessary).
- Learning how to do basic optimization on each campaign type.
- Participating in monthly internal discussions of digital media campaign reports.
- Together with the digital media planner is part of our internal project called ”digital media comprehensive ad specs” .
✔️What we have to offer:
- A paid internship contract for 3 months with part-time participation between 1st February – 30 April
- Internship certificate
- The possibility to continue as an employer for a full time job contract, after the internship, for an undetermined period and a new salary & benefits package
- Infrastructure: laptop, internet, fixed desk, e-mail address.
- Recommendation letter from the business owner for further employment with other agencies if he/she decides not to continue and our collaboration is a good one.
- Learning plan in the digital media planning field.
- Goodies for your moddies: water, coffee, tea, chocolate, vitamins.
- Central office in Bucharest easy to access from Piața Romană subway (you can find us here).
- You will be part of all our fun activities (if you want to spend time with us).
- Send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15th of January. You will receive an answer from us regardless if it is positive or negative.
- The recruitment process has two steps: filtering received CVs and a face-2-face interview structured as follows: 15 minutes small talk, 15 minutes dialogue in English about a video ad campaign and 15 minutes a practice exercise in Google Spreadsheet.